Thursday, October 18, 2018

English Speaking Composition- occupation


Occupations pictures


Picture taken from Google 

Beginner to upper beginner quetions:
Do you know what occupation these people have?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
What is your mother's job?
What is your father's job?
Do you like your father's job?
Do you like your mother's job?
Where does your father work?
When does your mother work?
Do you think a housewife is also an occupation?
What job do people avoid? (Garbageman or something...)
Why?
If we do not have them in our life, will our life be more difficult or easy?



Pictue taken from Google

More advanced level
What job would you like to have?
Why do you want this job?
How much money do you expect to get?
What training or education do you need.?
Where do you work? Indoor or outdoor?
What time do you have to go to work?
Does your work will require you to go out of town?
Do you like working with machines or people? Why?
What are the challenges of the work?
Have you ever asked someone else about the challenges of the work they have? (Ask what they do not like about the job?

Now you can try to write a composition to sum up our discussion
For example:

My Dream

When I grow up I want to be an architec because I like making houses. I want to build my own house. Even now I often build many houses using building blocks. I think it is a fun job.

I do not want to be a doctor because a doctor is very busy. My father is a doctor. Sometimes he has to work from evening to the next morning.

My father likes his job very much though,  because he likes to save people. He does not mind staying up late when there's an emergency patient. So even though I do not want to be a doctor, I am proud of him because he knows how to cure us when we are sick.

How about you?
What do you want to be?








No comments:

Post a Comment